.

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Reflection of Learning Theories in My Life - 617 Words

Learning is nothing but acquisition of a new behaviour based on some conditions, which can be environmental, physical, mental, and social so on. I believe the theory of learning I would be inclined towards would have to be behaviourist. This theory entails linking of a new behaviour to a stimulus by providing reinforcement or support after the correct behaviour is produce. Furthermore, behaviourists explain behaviour in terms of the stimuli that produce it and the event, which caused an individual to learn to respond to the stimuli that way. Behaviourist’s uses two methods of explaining the process, which are Classical conditioning wherein people learn to associate two stimuli when the two of them occur together, such that the response originally produced by one stimulus transfer to another. The person learns to produce an existing response to a new stimulus. The other one is Operant Conditioning where people learn to perform new behaviours through the consequences of the thin gs they do. If a behaviour they produce follows by reinforcement then the likelihood of that behaviour likely to repeat which increases in future and will strengthen. A consequence can be reinforcing in two ways: either the person gets something good (positive reinforcement) or they avoid something bad (negative reinforcement) Relating this to my lifestyle, I found myself to fall in the behaviourist theory under the operant conditioning. My behaviour is performing according to the things I do. ForShow MoreRelatedThe Importance Of Critical Reflection On Teaching1270 Words   |  6 PagesImportance of reflection: Reflection on practice has different meanings, in my view it means constructive criticism: being honest with myself, becoming aware of and understanding my own strengths, and being able to review activities and constantly test assumptions related to our work. These have been my approach to critical reflection throughout the year. This is supported by Brookfield, he says that Critically reflective teaching happens when we identify and scrutinise the assumptions that undergirdRead MoreHow Constructivist Theory Changed My Transition From A Beginning Classroom Teacher954 Words   |  4 Pagesindividual’s life and each new experience builds upon the knowledge gained from past experiences. As I attempt to explain and understand how the constructivist theory affected my transition from a beginning classroom teacher to an instructional school leader, I must admit that I didn’t really understand the process until it became a reality for me. I woke up one day and realized that things that were very difficult for me suddenly became second nature to me. Upon further reflection, I now realizeRead MoreActive Experimentation And Its Effects On Reality And The Starting Of The Cycle1116 Words   |  5 Pagesour frames of reference, to allow the missing link to sink in. Once again, I consider that the degree of learning experience of the learner is important to achieve this. I have not been able to map this last step of Kolb’s cycle with a simulation experience as it happens post-simulation. Active experimentation is the testing of the new knowledge acquired during simulation against a real life experience. I personally see simulation like the platform for a rehearsed reality, like giving learners theRead MoreExperiential Learning880 Words   |  3 PagesExperiential Learning: Experiential learning is a process that basically demonstrates and focuses on the role of experience in the learning process. This process has been explained by various theorists who have developed some theories including Experiential Learning Theory, cognitive learning theories, and Social Constructivist Theory. The Experiential Learning Theory offers a holistic model of the process of learning and multi-linear form of adult development that shows the process with whichRead MoreCanadian Social Work Practice : A New Horizon Of Learning Essay1660 Words   |  7 PagesCanadian Social Work Practice: A New Horizon of Learning My clear and definite understanding of critical theories and postmodern thoughts provides me significant and appropriate frameworks to practice as a progressive social worker in Canadian context (Morley, 2003). My exploration of reflective practice and the fundamentals of critical self reflection approach enhanced my understanding of specific client situations. Moreover, my learning about anti-racist and anti-oppressive practice helpsRead Morecomparing relevant theories principles and models of reflective practice965 Words   |  4 Pagesï » ¿Comparing relevant theories, principles and models of reflective practice In this evaluation I will analyse and compare relevant theories, principles and models of reflective practice and explain how they relate to my practice and development. Reflective practice is an evolving concept. In the 1930s, John Dewey defined reflective thought as: ‘Active, persistent, and careful consideration of any belief or supposed form of knowledge in the light of the grounds that support it and the furtherRead MoreTeaching Skills As A Human Resource Practice Student1002 Words   |  5 Pagesanyone’s entire life and it is therefore a set of transferrable skills. Thus study skills are very essential to complete my HRP degree as well as throughout my life. In my own personal point of view, I will develop ways to study and learn in a way that will meet my own necessities. When I will be building up my skills, I would be able to find out what is working for me and what isn’t. I will have to understand the concepts, theories and ideas that are much more appropriate for my level 4 and levelRead MoreI Am Active As Lecturer At Icon College Of Technology And Management868 Words   |  4 Pagesset by the college. As a tutor my responsibility is to deliver lectures only where I try to connect my teaching strategies with learning theories suitably. In writing this reflection I want to focus on three aspects- learning, teaching and assessment. Learning I focus on students’ needs and strongly believe in maintaining educational transparency (FT1: Statement of teaching philosophy). So, I try to know who my students are and what are their needs and motives. Learning motives of adults and childrenRead MorePersonal Reflection And Development Plan1431 Words   |  6 PagesPersonal Reflection and Development Plan Reflective practice has helped many people to improve their learning. It is a valuable tool often used by healthcare and education providers to improve their approach to work by questioning their actions. Throughout my short time spent in Higher Education (HE) I have learned many new aspects of learning like different learning styles and models of reflection and this provides me with an opportunity to look back over these ideas and reflect. This will allowRead MoreAdult Learning Theory Paper1041 Words   |  5 PagesAdult Learning Theory Paper INFT 101 Section 7 7 March 2013 Summary In an effort to determine how adults learn, experts examine and evaluate studies that have been done that involve the adult learner. The more that experts understand how the learner processes information, the better the understanding will be on how to structure their learning environment. Research is continually changing in this area, and educators know there are differences in how each adult learner attains information

No comments:

Post a Comment