.

Friday, July 19, 2019

How Shakespeare Has Changed My Life :: essays research papers

How Shakespeare Has Changed My Life Learning about Shakespeare was fun for me and I learned some new things. Some of the things that we talked about in class and that we read in Romeo and Juliet changed my thinking on other topics and gave me a different point of view. Shakespeare influenced my life because he showed that just because you see someone and think that they are the love of your life doesn?t mean you are truly in love with them, I never knew how much of our language came from William Shakespeare and how complicated Elizabethan language can be considering all the rules about how to pronounce words and where the accent goes on words. I feel that Shakespeare has influenced my thinking on love verses infatuation greatly. I can?t count how many times someone in my school has ?gone out? with someone else and then broken up with them in the next few days. When I read Romeo and Juliet, Romeo was in love with a girl named Rosaline in the beginning and was moping around because his supposed one true love in the world didn?t love him back. Then a few scenes later he was entranced by Juliet at the Capulet party. His change of heart happened so quickly you can tell that he probably isn?t really in love with her. That kind of thing still occurs today with young boys and girls constantly changing their minds about who they like and who they are dating. Truthfully, Romeo and Juliet are too young to know what love really is, they are only 13 and 14 years old! I think that Shakespeare has shown that if two people really believe that they are in love, even if they are not they will go to great lengths to be together, if it means lying to parents or hurting other people around them. Reading Shakespeare?s Romeo and Juliet made me think very deeply about love and what it means to be in love. When I was very young I always thought that people fell in love the moment they saw each other. I thought it was love at first sight for everybody and that people stayed in love forever, of course later on I understood that wasn?t always the case. Love takes time and you can?t rush into it or take it to fast. Sometimes people that end up getting married were good friends before they started a relationship and that paid off in the long run because they loved each other for their personality and who they are and not what they look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment