.

Saturday, March 16, 2019

My American Nightmare Essay example -- Education Careers School Essays

My American NightmareMany people today verbalize of their American Dreamshow much they want to fulfill afantasy of houses, wives, cars, and jobs that profit well. To me, becoming the sameas everyone elsefulfilling the dream of a a spankingness that I dont want is in truth nota dream, but a horrible nightmare which my education has tried to aspire metowards, and that I have fought at every turn.Anyone can lie with the life of another person. Its quite simple to just copyothers desires and dreams, to strain that which they seek. To this extent, manyAmericans base their lives on things like pop culture. We bring up these modelAmericans that everyone should deform to be, usually in the form of singers and movie stars. To live this life is a lie in two ways, because we strive for a typeof living that most of us cannot hope to attain, and because we forget roughlyourselves, our individuality, and our potential as humans to become somethinggreat. As we realize that the premier e dream is hopeless, we then realize a newfalse dream, we strive to consume money and social position with a hefty job.Most of these jobs involve meaningless and menial tasks which we are to doubleover and over again, although many of todays careers mask this repeating bymaking things like projects and assignments with different purposes. While wemay gain money, most Americans hate their jobs, and to this extent lead miserablelives, gaining escape through sexuality and drugs, much in the same way describedby Krishnamurti (Krishnamurti 115-117). It is this sort of drudgery that is mynightmare. Waking up every day to relive the same day, the same moments, the samesensation, and then retire to repeat the process. To live this... ...f music upon my life, I made the decision to change my future, and realized what I wanted in life, which brings me to where I am today. I stand at the edge of reality, and looking back I see what I unexpended behind, I see order, regulation, a bo ring life filled with things that I have no desire for. I turn tolook forward, and I see limitless potentiala life without borders or boundaries.A world where anything is possible.Works CitedKrishnamurti, Jiddu. Education and the Significance of Life. New York Harper & Row,1981.Columbo, Gary, ed. Rereading America. capital of Massachusetts Beford, 2001.Gatto, John Taylor. The Seven-Lesson Schoolteacher in Rereading America, GaryColumbo, Robert Cullen, and Bonnie Lisle, eds.Anyon, Jean. From Social Class and the dark Curriculum of Work in RereadingAmerica, Gary Columbo, Robert Cullen, and Bonnie Lisle, eds.

No comments:

Post a Comment